Join the Team!
The West Coast Event Coordinator is a 6-month contract role (April – September), with potential of becoming full-time, reporting to the National Operations Manager of ZogCulture, the sister business of ZogSports. The West Coast Event Coordinator’s primary focus is execution of events, managing all details and processes throughout the event planning process. The ideal candidate has event planning experience, can handle multiple client events per week, is detail-oriented and organized, loves to play and be outside, and will do it all with a smile on their face!
- Responsible for booking vendors and managing vendor relationships before, during and after events
- Responsible for booking permits and venues for events
- Create event schedules and staffing assignments using templates
- Responsible for day of execution including but not limited to set up, break down, event timing, transportation
- Responsible for maintaining consistent quality and ZogCulture branding at region-specific events
- Manage staff schedules, collect employment forms and gather hours for payroll
- Host trainings with staff before events to go over event details and client expectations
- Main point-of-contact with client day of event
- Join planning calls with clients to ensure event is executed to meet their needs
- Conduct walk-throughs with clients at venues as requested
- Create Event Order before the event which captures all event details to send to client and ZogCulture team one week prior to event
STRONGLY PREFERRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCES, & INTERESTS
- Experience in Event Planning
- Experience with Client Facing Roles
- Willing to travel throughout California to execute events, specifically throughout the Bay Area (primary focus) and LA
- Genuine belief in the value of play at work
- Gains energy from being active, playful and connecting with others
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to think on feet, problem solve, and delegate to others
Why Work for ZogCulture?
- We are the sister company to ZogSports—while we share an office, culture and resources with the 16-year company, we are a startup that is ambitiously growing in the B2B space.
- We practice what we preach – we believe life is better with real personal connections, a caring community, and a sense of play at work. This is the workplace we strive to be at ZogCulture.
- ZogCulture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hours & Pay
This is a part-time, hourly role with a potential for full-time (permanent) hire after 6+ months. The position would be a contractor role without benefits. We will guarantee a minimum number of hours for each week, with an anticipated workload of 20 hours per week.
Interested in Joining Our Team?
Email your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- ZC-WestCoastEvents in the subject line;
- Your favorite childhood game;
- A few sentences on why you are the right person for this role.
Due to the great number of résumés we receive daily, we regret that we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in our company, or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular résumé. If there is interest in interviewing you, a representative from ZogCulture will contact you in the near future. Thank you for submitting your résumé to ZogCulture.