Tired of selling boring products? Then don’t! Join the experts on Play at Work to create workplaces where people are excited to come in every day.
Do you like to create new connections? Do you have hustle, good instincts and a love for closing deals? Do you want to apply these skills in a setting where you can add value and positively impact a company’s culture? ZogCulture partners with companies to host fun team events, in-office trainings and offers playful products to foster team connections, create better personal relationships among coworkers and improve office culture. We are in the business of creating workplaces where people want to come to work every day, and you can help make this vision a reality.
Our founder and CEO, Robert Herzog, had a close call on 9/11 and launched our sister-company ZogSports in 2002 to bring the NYC community closer together (read more about his story here). Today, ZogLife is a family of brands, including ZogSports and ZogCulture, bringing real personal connections, caring communities, and a sense of play to major cities across the country.
What’s the role?
The Business Development Associate is a full-time role based in our NYC HQ. The BDA will report directly to ZogCulture’s General Manager with support from the broader sales and client success team. The role will focus on a combination of sales (inbound and outbound) and account management to spread the ZogCulture mission.
- Drive outbound sales using multiple sales tactics on select national expansion efforts in new ZogCulture markets (primarily West Coast such as San Francisco, San Jose, LA, and others)
- Manage all inbound sales through our HubSpot CRM
- Create proposals and contracts for prospective clients with product details and pricing
ACCOUNT & RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Build and maintain relationships with new large accounts through year-round client servicing
- Upsell, cross-sell and grow new accounts
- Manage key accounts from sale through execution to ensure smooth client experience
- Attend key client events to enhance account’s relationship and ensure client needs are met
- Follow up with clients post-event to gather feedback
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
What you’ve done so far:
- 2+ years in sales, customer success or account management at a startup or entrepreneurial environment
- Leveraged relationships to drive new sales and/or upsells
- Used a CRM platform (preferably HubSpot)
- Sold to HR / People Operations professionals in established startups, law firms and/or established media companies
What you bring to the table:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and mindset, willing to try things differently and own tasks fully
- Passion for company culture and the impact play has on the employee experience
- Energized by meeting new people and networking
- Detail-oriented and highly organized; project management experience desirable
- Team player who is ready and willing to step in where needed to support our small, scrappy and growing team
Why Work for ZogCulture?
- We practice what we preach – we believe life is better with real personal connections, a caring community, and a sense of play at work. This is the workplace we strive to be at ZogCulture.
- Unbeatable benefits including unlimited PTO, Summer Fridays, 100% health care coverage option, dental & vision plans, pre-tax transit benefit, casual and fun workplace, annual company-wide Incentive Trip (in past years we have gone to the Bahamas and Turks & Caicos), company-wide events including learning retreats and celebrations, and free play in ZogSports leagues
- We are the sister company to ZogSports – while we share an office, culture, benefits and resources with the 17 year old company, we are a startup that is ambitiously growing in the B2B space
Interested in Joining Our Team?
Email your resume and fun cover letter to email@example.com and include:
- “ZC-Business Development” as the subject line
- What you did for fun when you were 10 years old?
- Less than 3 sentences on your dream company culture (dream big!)
- Less than 3 sentences on why you are the right person for this role
Compensation for this job is commensurate with experience. Due to the great number of resumes we receive, we regret that we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in our company, or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you, a representative from ZogCulture will contact you in the near future. Thank you for submitting your resume to ZogCulture!
ZogCulture is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.